Cook and City of Bloomington to host fireworks and downtown block party for Independence Day
Bloomington, Ind. – B-Town Boom is returning to downtown Bloomington on Wednesday, July 3, to start this year’s Independence Day celebrations. In its second year, Cook and the City of Bloomington are sponsoring the block party to bring our community together in the heart of downtown. This year, the block party has expanded to the north and south sides of the Courthouse Square to provide more space for activities and vendors.
“B-Town Boom is a great way to highlight our variety of downtown businesses and attractions,” said Talisha Coppock, president of Downtown Bloomington, Inc. “We appreciate Cook and the City of Bloomington for hosting this event to bring the community together.”
Details for this year’s festivities, including the entertainment lineup and a dedicated viewing area for the fireworks, are available below:
When: July 3, 5-10 p.m.
Location: Kirkwood Avenue and 6th Street between College Avenue and Walnut Street
- Beer and wine on Kirkwood Avenue provided by Oliver Winery, Function Brewing, and The Tap.
- Kids Zone on 6th Street includes caricatures, a magician, a balloon twister, face painting, and hands-on science demonstrations.
- Food trucks will be on-site and select local restaurants will offer specials as part of the celebration.
- 5 p.m.: DJ Pam Thrash
- 6:30-7:30 p.m.: Pushing Daisy’s
- 8:30-9:30 p.m.: The Dynamics
When: On July 3, the fireworks display begins at dusk, approximately 9:45 p.m.
Location: The fireworks launch site is in the Trades District between 10th and 11th Streets just east of Rogers Street.
- An optimal viewing location for the community will be available in the parking lots surrounding the Showers Building at Morton and 8th
- B97 will livestream a playlist that coordinates with the fireworks display.
Rain date: Saturday, July 6, at approximately 9:45 p.m.
For more information, visit cookmedical.com/boom and download the event flyer. A list of FAQs is available City of Bloomington’s website. In the case of inclement weather, event updates will be provided on the Cook Medical Facebook page and City of Bloomington’s Twitter and Facebook pages.
About Cook Group
Cook Group is a family-owned company with headquarters in Bloomington, Indiana. Our diverse business portfolio includes companies working in life sciences, business services, resorts, property management, and medical devices.
Founded in 1963, Cook Group companies today employ more than 12,000 people around the world. We are committed to improving lives by giving back to our communities, supporting our employees and their families, and serving our customers and their patients. Learn more at CookGroup.com.